At FastMat, the focus is on manufacturing one piece of equipment, the FastMat Crane Mat Drilling Machine. We do not make sawmills, edgers, log decks, or any other woodworking equipment.
“After our initial online search of other manufacturers’ mat drills, the cost and floor space needed seemed astronomical. The price range of $35,000 to $150,000 for the drill and additional cost for support equipment, while only producing 9-26 mats per day per person in an 8-hour shift was unacceptable.”
With the FastMat Drill:
- You can drill up to 48 mats per day (8/hr shift) with only one (1) person!
- You don’t need spacers. Simply drill straight through all timbers with continuous holes. Bolts are easily pushed in by hand.
- You can adjust from 48” wide to 60” wide mats with a simple, three (3) minute bit change.
- You can adjust for mat thickness from a 6” to an 18” timber in less than five (5) minutes.
- No need to size individual timbers – unlike our competitors. Most other manufacturers’ drill units require sized timbers. This is not required for the FastMat Drill. THEREFORE, MORE TIMBER PER LOG, FEWER SIDEBOARDS, AND LESS WASTE.
“The very first drill has been used in daily production for the past 5 years. With thousands of hours of production & experience, we are thrilled to say that our average labor cost per mat is less than $.01 per board foot on 8” mats and less than $.005 per board foot on 12” mats.”
If 200-240 mats in a 40-hour week are not sufficient for your current needs, no problem! With the low-cost investment in your 2nd or 3rd drill, you can easily double or triple your production.
When the mat market is slow, the last thing you need is a high monthly payment for a high-cost drill that is sitting idle. DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. WE INVITE YOU TO SEARCH “mat drilling machine” and compare the costs of labor and equipment.
Our complete package includes: one plug-in-ready FastMat drill, staging table, floor parts, a 4’ bit, and a 3-1/2” counter-sink.
Produce more for less with FastMat
The Fastmat drill stands out from the competition in many ways…
Bit Refurb / Repair Services Available!
No waiting for weeks
All refurbished bits shipped back in 1 business day!
One of the LARGEST bit inventories in the Nation! Which means SAME Day Shipping!!
- Fastmat ‘Speed Bore Series’ crane mat drill bits and countersinks.
- 4,200 hole average without retipping, with bits reaching 9,000 holes!! (in a 48″ mat)
George and his team have helped me grow my business in that region. I’ve worked with Wood Products for almost 3 years and on many occasions, it’s been “I need these to ship yesterday” and George has made it happen in large part due to his FastMat crane mat drilling Machine. They build a quality Mat and the Staff, Dottie & Virginia are great to work with.
George and his team are a pleasure to work with. Their word is their bond. When they take an order, you know it will be filled in a timely fashion. The quality of their mats is among the finest in the industry. I highly recommend them!
President, Sourcing Solutions, Inc. / The Crane Mat Company